The English language is the global language as everyone uses the English language to communicate and talk with people globally. It is important to speak in English so that it will be easy to communicate with people around the world.
To communicate with everyone the language is not only a factor, but it will help you to connect with people around the world. You can learn the English language easily but it is a process to learn the language. You should learn day by day to improve your English. let’s start with how to learn English to speak.
To Speak in English follow these five steps,
1. Listening: yes, listening to the English language will develop your English speaking. In our day-to-day life, When we listen to our native language we learn it by listening. So to learn any language first necessary step is to listen. At least start listening for 20-30 minutes a day. What can you listen to speak in English? you can learn from the following.
- Watching and listening to your favourite movies/web series in English.
- Watch Ted Talks.
- Listening to audiobooks and podcasts.
- Watching news, speeches, debates etc.
- Listening to sports commentary.
- Listening to your favourite songs.
2. Reading: Reading is most important to improve the language. It helps the brain to revise the words and it helps to make a sentence formation inside our brain. Read the topic based on your interest so that you can learn quickly. Reading interesting topics helps you to read more passionately and also it excites you to read more. Read out loud because reading louder trains your tongue to speak fluently. Read at least 30 mins a day. What to read? follow the steps below,
- Newspaper, articles, blogs
- Books, stories
Note: While you’re watching and listening to movies if you couldn’t understand you can start reading subtitles.
3. Writing: Writing also has a major role to improve English as listening and reading. It helps in sentence formation and makes you think in English. Write at least one topic in English daily. Practice writing daily for 1-2 pages. So what to write in English?
- Essay writing, article writing
- Writing a Diary
- Write what you read, in your own sentence
4. Thinking: As we do not think in English we get a shortage of words while speaking, so to avoid it you should start thinking about each word in English. It takes a lot of time when you convert or translate your native language into English. Instead of this, you should think in English. When it comes to speaking our native language it takes no effort and it takes a fraction of a second to think and speak. So when you make a habit of thinking in English sooner you will be able to speak without any effort.
4. Speaking: Speaking is a process that you will master by speaking daily. So many people are afraid to speak they feel nervous and shy and think about what others will say about them. Have a conversation with your friends, family and relatives. If not you can start by talking in front of a mirror in the beginning. You don’t need too many words to speak in English just a set of common words which we use daily, common vocabulary is enough. Speak on any topic of your choice in your words for 5-10 minutes. Do this multiple times. Don’t worry about mistakes, mistakes will happen just continue your speaking. By day-to-day process, you will be able to speak confidently and fluently. Track your progress and write it down.
- Participate in debate competitions, speeches, public speaking etc.
- Try to speak in English with people.
Following all these steps will really help you to learn the English language faster. Start early from now onwards, there is no such best time to start.